NICEIC Wiring Certificates

These cover fixed wiring including accessories but not appliances such as cookers. (see FET) There is no specific landlord’s certificate as used in the gas industry because the wiring regulations are the same whether the property is rented or owner occupied. Your needs for certification would be met by one or more of the following:

Periodic Inspection Report for an Electrical Installation -now called an Electrical Condition Report

This is used to report on the safety condition of the existing installation. It should not be used to certify new work. The maximum recommended interval between reports is 10 years, commonly 5 years unless the installation is new. We are happy to quote over the phone given the address and the total number of rooms for domestic properties. Non domestic properties will require a free site visit before quoting.

Electrical Installation Certificate

This states that the installation to which it relates conforms to BS7671, the National Standard for the Safety of electrical installations. Under the standard a certificate must be issued for all new work of any significance by the person who has carried it out.

When work does not involve a new circuit or any other major alterations it may be covered by a;

Minor Works Certificate

This may be issued for minor remedial work following a periodic inspection report in which case the two certificates should be kept together.


There are separate certificates for;

  • Smoke alarms
  • Fire Alarms
  • Emergency lighting
  • PAT and FET

Cookie Policy | Privacy Notice


Copyright © 2011-2018 Roger J Goldfinch & Sons LLP
Web Design by fairly marvellous Kent

Roger J Goldfinch & Sons LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England & Wales under registered number OC393731