As with your own body, you will be the first to know about some problems with your electrical installation. It is simply a matter of being aware and taking action.
Examples of problems to act upon:
- Broken sockets, switches and lamp-holders
- Poor contacts indicated by overheating or intermittent function
- Adaptors and extension leads in regular use because there are not enough sockets
- Rewireable fuses
- Lead or rubber covered cables
- RCD “Test” button does not work
- Bare or coloured wires visible
There can also be problems you will not know about;
This is where we can help with our extensive knowledge and up-to-date test equipment. There may well have been important changes to the regulations since your installation was carried out and we would advise you of these where relevant.
The regulations recommend a full inspection and test at regular intervals;
This stops short of taking up floorboards but is a thorough inspection of all fundamental items and a sample percentage of items, such as sockets, plus all the tests laid down in the wiring regulations.
However if you just want a brief overview;
We offer a free visual survey. This will allow our skilled staff to give you an overview of your installation but does not include any testing.